Artist, Artist-in-Residence and Consultant
Develop/present creative workshops and educational experiences for children, adults and special interest groups focused on hands-on experiential learning
- Northwestern Michigan College, Michigan--art and fine craft
- Traverse City Public Schools, Michigan--Instructor, Artruck,a mobile art gallery
- Glenn Lake School District, Maple City, Michigan—cultural history
- Galtier Magnet School, St. Paul, Minnesota—mask making for EBD students
Consulted with public and private educational groups on issues of cultural, racial and gender diversity using art and creative expression as the primary communication tool for understanding.
- Cultural Tutor for Native American students K-12, Traverse City, Mi
- Title IV after school program in Native American Arts and crafts.
- American Crafts Council, Midwest Regional Conference--Lectures and Presentations
Custom Residential Design and Build
Own and operate licensed residential design/build construction company specializing in artfully executed living solutions in historic and vintage homes.
Body of work
- Medium—wood, bone, antler, horn, paint, earth pigments, leather, beads, textiles
- Work includes: clothing, clothing accessories, luggage, footwear, wet-formed and pitched vessels, jewelry and body adornment, book covers, binders and portfolios, drums, rattles, masks, sculpture and furniture.
- “Gaia–A Rock Opera” by Henri Petrucci and Wesley Balk, an environmental opera sponsored by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Michigan Arts Counsel. Creative development and performance. 1989-90
- Order of the Arrow Dance Team, Michigan State Champions, First Place (outfit)