- Metropolitan State university, Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Science, Anthropology and Education, Michigan State University
- Multi-disciplinary African Arts and Humanities Programs
Short term work settings and travel
- Calvert Eastern Drilling Co, Michigan--roughneck on oil rigs
- Syke’s Logging Co, Alaska—setting chokers on logging sites
- Shrimp boat crew member—Key West, Florida
- Misc travels to Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland
- Outdoor activities: Camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, snowshowing, canoe and kayaking
- Indoor activities: Reading, music, cooking and eating
- Community activities: Theater, museums, orchestra
Research Galleries and Museums
- Heard museum, Phoenix, Arizona; Michigan State University Gallery, Lansing, MI: Port-Chandler Collection, Flint, Michigan—research into pre-mining technologies for indigenous living
- Museum reproduction of Native American, African, and American frontier clothing, 9th century European vessels, earth pigment and techniques, rawhide techniques.
- “Cut My Cote,” Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Canada, textile design.